Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shameless Plea...for YOUR vote!

A few days ago, I found out that I had been nominated for this Hot Blogger Calender. Well, me and about 500 other bloggers. I did not think much of it, until I heard what the prize was.


A trip to New York for a real photo shoot! Complete with make-up artists, stylists, a DJ, photographers and...adults!


Convinced I had no shot of being one of the 12 lucky ones chosen for the calender, I decided to have my own photo shoot right here in Ohio. So, I enlisted the help of my personal assistant Madison who took care of everything.

Take a look....





I have to admit...toilets, puke and Barney were not part of the sophisticated photo shoot I had envisioned. Which is why YOU should vote for me. So then I can really go to New York, for a glamorous photo shoot in the Big Apple.


Have I convinced you? Well then, see over there on the right, where it says "Hottest Female Blogger". Over there...on the right. See it?


To vote for me, scroll through the list of nominees (I am about two-thirds of the way down) until you come to "Blessings From Above". Double click and it should say "Voted Successfully".


The voting polls are open until midnight on Sunday, August 31st. There is only one vote per computer. But it you feel like I deserve more than one vote, feel free to pass these instructions along to your mailman or mother-in-law.


Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: I made it!!! Thanks so much to everyone that voted. Especially to all my IRL friends who – despite how embarrassing it probably was - sent the request to vote to their coworkers at the various hospitals, schools and/or businesses in which they work. And great big thanks to OHMommy who posted my video on her blog and even emailed it to someone in Africa. Seriously, she sent it to Africa!

27 comments:

Niki, Bill & Mason said...

I voted. Although I am now a little embarrassed to admit you are my sister. Unless you win and take me to NY with you.

Wendi said...

Shameless, but very cute!!!
Love the video.

Carol said...

Voted for you my dear!

OHmommy said...

Oh my dear Lord, THAT was the best video ever. Ever.

Erin said...

I voted! (at least I think I did I couldn't follow the directions or follow you at first). A Photo shoot in the city sounds wonderful! I really hope you do win!!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sandra says
I voted for you Jennifier and hope you come out a winner. Love all those video's, keep up the good work.

manolosonamission.com said...

OhMommy just passed on the video to me, hysterical! Hope both of you make it to the top 12!

Kendra said...

I'm gonna go vote right now. I'm just glad I caught in enough time! Good luck sweetie. :)
btw ~ great video.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

You got thrown up on--that deserves a trip to NYC, totally!!!

Very cute--my oldest has always wanted an American Girl doll room but her brothers MUST sleep somewhere ;)

Chelle said...

LOVE the video!

Good luck!!

andreawilliams said...

Dang it I already voted from this computer. I woll log on with my laptop and vote for you tonight! That was a great video, so flippin funny :)
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

careysue said...

You are absolutely gorgeous girl...OMG. You better win, your kids were adorable and Madison did a great job.

You can tell you're a fun Mom!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
krissy said...

Ha, Ha! I just cried from laughing so hard.

"Barney is a dinosaur from your imagination!" Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

And the dress in the toliet???? Hot damn...I laughed for a long time.

You are sooooooo HOT!

Rick said...

I tried to vote. Didn't see my name on the list - figured why not?

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Katja of skimbaco.com said...

Congrats Calendar Girl :) You're in!

OHmommy said...

Yay. YOU won.

AV Flox said...

Congratulations on being one of the winners of the hot bloggers calendar! This fantastic video paid off! :)

Jill said...

Your video was hilarious!! I'm looking forward to meeting you oh fellow hot blogger!

Don Mills Diva said...

Yay - you made it in - congratulations!

Rachel said...

what an adorable video...so cute! hope you win.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you really have a husband? You hardly ever talk about him, and there are very few pictures of him...and honestly, if I were your husband, I'd be pretty mad if I saw my wife making videos to put online of herself trying to be "sexy" It's inappropriate and I feel very sorry for your husband. And if he doesn't mind it, then that's even worse. You're a mother, not a sex goddess.

The Walsh's said...

HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! I LOVED THIS!!!

I could've sworn it was Jessica Simpson, though, in the still frame before I hit play on the video.

William said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William said...

This is such a great video! MANY days from now, you all will look back on this and your kids will say, MY MOM ROCKED! You're awesome!

Jenna McCarthy said...

I'm so sorry I missed the deadline--you should be on the COVER!!! :)