Friday, October 17, 2008

HELP ME!!!!!

As you know by now, I won a spot in the Hot Blogger Calendar.


When I first won, I thought I was a marketing genius. I wrote one of those tacky chain email things and sent it to about 30 of my IRL friends. An email asking them to vote for me AND then send the email to five of their contacts, who would send it to five of their contacts and so on and so on. You know the kind, where there is a plea at the end. Mine was "This woman has not had a vacation without her husband or kids in almost 15 years. Please don't be the one to stop this email chain!"

Anyhoo, I smugly thought I was quite brilliant for garnering almost 900 votes, enough for a spot in the calendar. Until I started really thinking things through.

Of the 12 female bloggers chosen, at least four of them have modeled professionally before. I on the other hand am only 5'1 and could not smile or act natural in front of the camera if my life depended on it. I am so bad at smiling on demand that last year when I had to renew my drivers license, I stuck my tongue out at the lady as she took my picture. Seriously. I figured that my picture was going to look awful no matter what, I should at least try and make it look like I took a bad picture on purpose. Apparently sticking your tongue out during your drivers license picture is not allowed, so the DMV lady made be do it over. And as expected, the picture is the worst.

Alas I put my fears aside and began making my travel plans. I booked my flight and the hotel. I was really excited for my big trip. But as it got closer, I still had not heard many details about the shoot and then I learned that about half the bloggers would be doing their shoot remotely. And despite making this video showcasing why I could use some grown-up time, I started getting nervous about leaving the kids. While I was away, I would miss Madison marching in a parade. And then she was given the opportunity to cheer at Kent State University, which I would also have to miss. And Kyle...I've never left Kyle over night. Could I really leave him for 3 days?

So a couple days before I was set to leave, I panicked and cancelled my trip. Instead I am doing my shoot remotely here in Ohio.

Which brings me to the point of this post. My shoot is coming up and I have no idea what to wear. We were told to wear "whatever you feel best/most comfortable/sexiest/prettiest/most flattering" in. For those that already had their shoot, there was a wide range of outfits worn. Everything from a snowsuit to jeans to sexy cocktail dresses to legwarmers.

To be perfectly honest, I'm most comfortable wearing my Victoria's Secret PINK sweats. However, seeing as this is the "Hot Blogger" calendar, that is probably not the image they are going for.

Which is why I am once again asking for your help. What do I wear???

I have it narrowed down to the following outfits. As you'll notice, there is a lot of black. It is my hope that black is slimming.

#1 A pair of black pants and a vest.


#2 Peach top and jeans. The jeans I would actually wear with this top were in the washer, but you get the idea.

#3 Same peach top, but with black skinny jeans. These are skinny jeans, however, in the pictures they look like leggings from Lindsay Lohan's closet. Only a couple sizes bigger than Lindays' pants.


#4 Little black dress.




#5 Another black dress. This is where Madison became bored of taking my pictures and had me posing. Told you I have no business in front of a camera.



#6 Black and red top with black pants.



#7 Same outfit, but this time I'm posing all chic and sophisticated. At least in my mind that is how I pictured it would turn out.



#8 Black and red top with jeans. I really know how to shake things up, you know by changing the pants and all.



So, what should I wear? Pretty please leave me a comment letting me know which TWO outfits you like the best. Or, should I scrap them all and start over? PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!!!

48 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the peach top and jeans! It looks fab!

Tiffany said...

I like the red and black top with the jeans and kick ass red shoes.

JessieLeigh said...

I like the jeans... with either top (peach or red/black). Do you like how I read the directions? ; )

Gotta admit... I was kinda bummed to NOT see a shot in the sweats, though. I'm not convinced you wouldn't lot sweet and hot simultaneously in VS sweats!

Stephanie said...

Hey there hot momma!!
My top 3 choices...
1. Peach top w/ jeans
2. Blk/Red top w/ jeans (and fab red shoes!!)
3. Vest/ blk pants!!
Congrats again on winning...wish you could of had a vacation, but totally understand why you decided to stay home!!
Cant wait to see what you decide on!!
(I think the pink sweats would have been great too by the way!!)

Susan in the Psych Ward said...

I think you look great in the jeans with the black and red top or the black pants and vest. Still time to change your mind on the pink sweats!!!

I hate you changed your vacation into a "staycation" but I see why you did it... things you would miss (and those were big ones) can't be replaced.

Any hoo, congratulations on winning again and I guess I'll have to give my nephews (they're 14 and 16)one for Christmas

Anonymous said...

I would definitely choose the peach top and jeans - but would pair it with some tall pointy shoes rather than the chunky sandals - more like the red heels in the other picture (maybe in a metallic or a snakeskin - nine west has some great ones right now.)- Dani

Rebeckah said...

You are very beautiful : ) I know you will be the prettiest mom in the calander. I liked 8 and 9 the best. : ) You look perfect! Good luck! Have fun! Those red shoes are to-die-for : )

Amy Bennett said...

I would go with peach top, jeans and pointy brown shoes.

Mamasphere said...

#7 all the way. The peach top is great, but it doesn't bring out your features like the black/red top.

Katja of skimbaco.com said...

I have to say the peach top, with either one. My best tip : wear clothes you really feel the most comfortable with, that's they way to get the real you out, honestly.

I did the ski pants & ski goggles and all, because that's how I am most comfortable, skiing and having fun with my family.

And seeing your pictures - that was very intimidating for me even to go to the photo shoot, you look amazing!

Good luck and remember to have fun ;)

careysue said...

I vote for #1 and #5 although you are a hottie in all of them!

Wow--you don't have to worry about wearing black you look amazing!!!

You did exactly what I would of done--chicken out!!! I completely understand.

madison jens daughter said...

dear Jen i really liked your first outfit i love the vest. its so cute where did you get it. maybe i can borrow the vest some day well cause I'm your daughter.

OHmommy said...

I am so glad I finally got the chance to meet you. You are really just the most sweetest thing ever.

And you know my answer.

Simple, classy, comfy #4. Is timeless and hot. However, I do like your fun poses and red hot heels.

Beth said...

I like the black dress and the peach top with jeans! You go girl!! You look wonderful and congrats!!!

Mandy said...

I'm a fashion disaster, but I vote for the peach.

Have fun on the shoot!

Jane - Mom Generations said...

Well, first of all you are GORGEOUS, so you look great in anything!

But if I had to choose, I love #s 8 and 2!

Erin said...

I vote for #6 or #3.. Go Jen! I'm excited to hear about your remote shoot & see the final outfit choices! Hi Kyle & Madison! !

Sophia said...

I like 2 and 8.

Leanne said...

The last one. #8. You'll be great! Knock 'em dead!

Momo Fali said...

Either one of the tops with jeans. I probably like the black the best.

The first time I left my daughter, she was two. My husband won a free trip to Aruba and we were gone for eight days. It was horrible! I was in this amazing place, but I just wanted to be home with her. Now that she's nine and my son is six...what I wouldn't do for a free trip like that! But, I definitely understand where you're coming from.

GoteeMan said...

#1 & #5... #5 is the best...
You will do great...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

Melissa Dovel said...

They all look awesome! I think sexy meets business atire would work! You look great so just wear something you will be most confident in. I know that when I wear something that I THINK makes me look good- it shows all over.

Blessings & good luck
Melissa

Melissa Dovel said...

sorry one more thing- no matter what gotta do the red shoes (even if they are not comfy:)

Colette said...

Jennifer you have NOTHING to worry about you are gorgeous, a seriously hot momma.

I like outfit #01 or #05 the best. I think the first one is my favourite. Love the simplicity.

Although I do love your red heels!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

I vote #5 and I think you should also take some pictures with your hair straight. Good luck and have fun with it :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely the "Peach" top, with the blue jeans...I think that would be pretty, plus, it's the most modest, and even though you will be on the "hot blogger", you can still look "hot" in modest clothing! :) :) :) Always good to set a christian example in everything you do! Of course, this is coming from an old lady who's been around the block a few times!!! :)
-Connie, from Michigan

Stephanie said...

You crack me up! I love #2 - the peachy top. That is super classy and soft. It looks really good with your skin too. I can't wait to find out what you decide!

Cindy said...

My first choice is the black pants with the black/red top. Second choice is the #4 black dress. You look great in all of them, so choose what makes you feel the best!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

You never go wrong with a little black dress, ever :)

If you have some metalic pumps, I'd do that (that is like my fave combo right now).

Congrats again on the calander--you will be the hottest of them all :)

Genevieve said...

lurrve the lil black dress!

Southern Gal said...

I really like the peach top with the jeans, but like someone else said, I might pick different shoes.

I can't believe what negative, hateful comments someone wrote on here. You should delete them from your blog & your mind - you look beautiful. Someone's been drinking their haterade today....

Genevieve said...

thanks for stopping by and the prayers! :)

Rachel said...

peach top and skinny blk jeans or blk and red top with jeans and red heels. you'll look marvelooous no matter whatcha wear. Oh and CONGRATS how cool is that ...you won!!

Carol said...

Peach top and jeans!

I'm so excited to hear how it goes.

You are beautiful they'll get a great shot!

Don Mills Diva said...

I think you look totally HAWT!

And I vote for the outfit in 6 and 7!

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Peach top with jeans - you look fantastic. I like the first black dress too, but I think you look stunning in the peach top. :) Just my two cents.

LaskiGal said...

#2 or #4 OR go out and shop! What a perfect excuse to buy more clothes?!?!

No one can argue with your knock-out status, but your personality sends the adorable factor through the roof (and that video was so ridiculously cute!).

I'm sorta bummed you had to cancel your trip, but I so get it . . . good luck on your shoot!

La Familia Garcia said...

#1, 6, or 8!!!!!!!
Definately!

Abby's dad said...

#5, then #1. I vote for straight hair too. Good luck!

Lucy said...

You look great in all those outfits but I love outfits two and five best. with a figure like that you have all rights to get in front of the camera.
Good luck.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

#5 & #8 are the best! Love the shoes!!

carrie said...

OMG, this cracked me up! I hope you win - all the outfits are great but your personality is what takes the cake! Good luck! :)

4funboys said...

congrats on the win!!!

You look great in all of them... it really is all about the attitude- so have fun and enjoy the adventure!

whatever you go with... keep the "kick ass red shoes"... ha

Annie said...

Jeans and either peach or red or the black dress.

Anonymous said...

Hey there.
I think #5 .
#8 I think the top is to "upbeat" for a pair of jeans.
Peach top w/ jeans will work...but hey bring some of your favorites and ask the photographer.

Joe said...

#5, then #1. I vote for straight hair too. Good luck!